Friday, March 6, 2009

Aim in life !!

In the past few months , i have been in introspection mood, i have been thinking constantly for my " aim in life" , lets put it in more simpler words as to where i want to go , what path i want to follow and to much sadness , the answers have been quite elusive .
I asked myslef as to what i want to do .....what will give me immense happiness and while doing that activity it will seem to me that i am not working .
I wrote down my interest areas starting from academic , sports , nature ,etc......i wrote subjects like finance , solar power , enterpreneurship, travelling , eco-energy, media(news) . Besides this i wrote whatever capabilities i have to match them with my interests , but i doubt if i came to some quantifiable solution.
One thing is sure that i dont want to lead a normal life and be a prototype of a human-robot who gets up in the morning , works in a suffocating environment from 9-5(actually 8-9) and goes back to sleep . What i lose in a typical day process is myself from me , my freedom, my exercise routine.
I want to do few things in my life daily , i need to meditate( of late i have realised the benefits), i want to excercise , i want to have some solitude.
Its not that that i am a sucker for luxury but i want to spend a normal life without gettiing into the rat race , i want to earn money , go globe-trotting , provide the best to my family but why i am nt able to do so .......
After lot of introspection , i came across few thoughts ----
1. I dont enjoy my work, hence i cannot excel in that , if i cant excel in that , i wont be able to make a fortune out of my career .
2. I am not qualified (not academically) enough to follow my dream job, because Indian educational system is all about cramming the old stuff and not about innovating anything new or to create some thing new, it doesnt teach us to think out-of-the-box.
3. Our system creates more I-too-rans than I won.
4. My education didnot teach me to follow my passion , interest rather than that it taught to adjust myself into different areas like engg., medical, management because they are well paid.

These things are ingrained in us .... we have to overcome the mental barrier to break the shell, without taking into considerations our parents aspirations of making us compete endless entrance exams.

Well, i started to write about where i wanted to go and look where i have reached.......anyways i think life is a journey , even i too dont have a destination , God must be having a plan for me , though i want a globe trotting finance related job which will satiate few of my interests in the process.

I would appreciate if i could know that you also feel the same and what is your so called " Aim in Life "!!

No comments:

Post a Comment