Monday, March 21, 2011

CFA & Marriage - An Oxymoron !

For record, i cleared my CFA Level 1 while i was not married 2 years ago. I skipped last year so that i can have some time to myself and my wife, no doubt it was a good decision and it helped me too keep my sanity intact.
I registered for CFA level 2 last year for Jun 2011 ordeal thinking it would be okay since my wife is there to help me get over it, it should be easier now. How naive i was, to the extent of stupid, lol.

Only now i am realising that CFA and marrage is a oxymoron......its proving an uphill task amounting to impossibility. Everyday i get this great euphoric feeling to study very hard when i am about to reach office, i have not been able to understand, why do i get that feeling when i cant study in office. Probably my mind plays games and knows that i cant study now. I try to study in the evening and then there is chat-time, facebook-time, dinner-time and what-not time ... and the last but most important, sleep-time(which can arrive at any time, as soon as i open my CFA Level 2 books). Weekends have been same, i-will -read-in-morning to i-will-read-in-evening, God only knows when i will read.

Though i have not been comfortable with any of the topics till now (as usual) but Quant is a beast which i dont even wanna look at, equity and FRA seems to be okay but others are like reading greek. As soon i finish a LOS, i think i know it, get up in the morning and i have completed forgotten what it was, formulae and everything.

Memory have gone for a toss, how can your memory work properly, when you have to remember hundred other useless stuff, birthdays(remember i have 2 families now after marriage), when to go for grocery shopping, what to buy, what somebody was wearing at some non-descript party, i cant remember which party and what i wore, how would i remember what somebody else was wearing.......and what not, uffff :(

All i ask is sanity and time till 04 Jun 2011..... and hopefully with all of this going on, i can still pass. God Bless me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment